I decided to make a very useful tool for watercoloring. It has been very helpful! I made my own Brea Reese Watercolor Ink color mixing chart.
I have links to the PDF files below to download the charts I made.
- Print chart on Watercolor paper
- Gather all 14 Brea Reese Inks (glitter or Watercolor)
- Paper towel for blotting (can later be used in a mixed media piece. No waste!)
- Paint the square/rectangle where each color intersects. As shown below.
- Next I painted the square next to Pink … pink. Then painted medium magenta on top of it. I found it easier to clean my brush in between each color.
- The colors in the left column will ALWAYS be the color that is on the bottom.
- The colors listed at the top will be the second color added. Make sense?
- DO NOT paint all of the base color at once. The inks need to still be wet to blend properly.
- You can watch the time lapse video on my YouTube channel here. Please subscribe & comment if you feel the video is useful 🙂
- Be careful to not let the inks from separate boxes touch. That will contaminate your mixing.
- FYI the process of creating this chart will take about 2 hours, so set aside some time. It’s definitely worth it. I promise!
Hope you enjoyed this post…