It’s Blog Hop time and we are featuring the magical mysteries line from Rita Barakat and Emerald Creek!
We are hoping to introduce you to many ways of using these new and mysterious embossing powders, turning your works into magical art.
I’m excited to share my project for the Magical Mysteries Blog hop. I made a few Halloween themed wands featuring Rita Barakat Magical Mysteries Embossing Powder and other craft supplies I have around my studio.
- color watercolor paper round with distress crayons and use water brush to blend. Let dry
- ink stamp with black Archival Ink
- sprinkle the Magical Mysteries Embossing Powder in Midnight Magic over the stamped image. Gently tap off excess Embossing Powder and place back into container. Use heat gun to melt powder. Isn’t the swirled melty goodness beautiful!
The next step uses: cupcake liner, adhesive of choice and Dragons Egg and Kiss of the Fairy.
- I rubbed embossing ink around the edge of the watercolor round and added some Dragons Egg embossing powder.
- I scrunched the center of the cupcake liner and glued it to the back of the watercolor round. Rubbed the edge of the cupcake round with embossing ink and then added some Kiss of the Fairy embossing powder
- As you can see I had some help 🙂
Below I will share a few other wand I made as well. I used the same basic process. I’ll make note where the process is different.
On the wand above I sprinkled the various Fairy Wings colors over the still hot Fairy Wings base. After cooled I stamped a skull/crossbones and heated again. Just gave it a muted look. Mermaid Fin Embossing Powder was used around the edge of the cupcake liner.
Link to Magical Mysteries Embossing Powders & Emerald Creek products
Links for the hop:
Stephanie- You’re here! Thanks for stopping by and good luck!